What Do You Get for Your Membership?
BAAR provides forums for professional growth, networking opportunities, professional standards, facilities, and more. The benefits you receive for your membership investment in the Bay Area Association of REALTORS®, Inc., depends on you and what YOU choose to take advantage of.
- Education. BAAR provides members with oportunties for professional growth through educational programs. Numerous opportunities exist for members to fulfill their educational requirements from the Maryland Real Estate Commission. BAAR is pleased to INCLUDE the cost of in-house continuing education classes as a part of the annual membership dues, so there's no additional cost for our members to keep their education up-to-date.
- Communication. BAAR utilizes various means to communicate information out to the membership. In addition to General Membership and Broker meetings, BAAR uses email, Constant Contact, email videos, and if necessary, direct mail to keep our members informed.
- Networking. BAAR introduced 'Networking On The Narrows' as a way for all members and especially its Young Professionals, to gather together and develop relationships to enhance their professional knowledge and development.
- Professional Standards. BAAR screens and processes ethics complaints from members and the public. BAAR also offers Arbitration and Mediation facilitations for REALTORS® to resolve business disputes.
- Local and Statewide Forms. Members have access to all BAAR forms as well as all state-approved forms through the BAAR Library at www.Ziplogix.com or on the state website www.mdrealtor.org.
- SmartCharts Pro. As a member of BAAR, you have access to valuable information that can be extremely useful when doing a listing presentation. BAAR provides your membership to SmartCharts Pro as an added benefit, that many other associations don't provide their members.
- Bright MLS. As a member of BAAR you can join the Bright multiple list service at a discounted rate.
- Leadership Opportunities. BAAR provides members with a chance to become involved in any of the association's committees, including the opportunity to become a member of the Board of Directors and even one of the Executive Officers of the association. These opportunities increase a member's visibility in the community, develop leadership skills on the local, state, and national levels, and increase opportunities to meet other REALTORS® across the state and country. All of these experiences heighten a member's knowledge of the industry, and builds confidence and business contacts.
- Organized Community Service Activities. BAAR is proud of its reputation for giving back to the communities it serves. Through the Activities and Events Committee, as well as the Community Investment Awards Committee, BAAR members have the benefit of serving groups and organizations in our community such as Adopt-A-Bear; The Kent Center; Secret Santa for Seniors; Back Packs of Food programs; Queen Anne's County Mental Health Committee; Haven Ministries; The Benedictine Foundation; Tuckahoe Habitat for Humanity; Bosom Buddies, and many more.
- Recognition Awards. BAAR recognizes outstanding members via a peer nomination process. Awards are presented annually at the Installation and Awards dinner, which is attended by leadership from across the state as well as elected officials.
- Membership Roster. Upon request, all members are entitled to a full listing of active members and their email addresses.
- Board Store. BAAR members may purchase signs, riders, brochure boxes, open house flags, and other items to help members do business. Additionally, members can get SentriLock boxes and cards at the office. The Board Store is open during normal office hours.
MAR and NAR BenefitsIn addition to the many benefits with BAAR, you can also see the benefits of being a member of the Maryland REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS® by visiting their websites at www.mdrealtor.org and www.nar.realtor.
Finally, as a REALTOR® you also have the benefit of joining the REALTORS® Federal Credit Union, which provides personal and business services such as checking and savings accounts, competitive home and auto loan rates, credit cards, and much more. Visit their website at www.REALTORSfcu.org or call them at 1-866-295-6038.